Hope you’ve had a great term so far and enjoyed some Hive events. What can you look forward to in the Hive in 2016? Here are just a few things we will be up to over the coming months:
- Doctoral Discussion events. We will be hosting four events next year on different topics. We will be inviting speakers to talk about their experiences of the Researcher Led Initiative Fund, Teaching, Supervision and Vivas. These events are open to all PhD students and are a great way to hear from other students about their experiences and advice. Look out for our first event on the 28th of January about applying for the Researcher Led Initiative Fund. You can book your place here. Lunch will be provided.
- More Shut Up and Write. If you want to get some concentrated writing done but in the company of others, then head over the Dhaba cafe for Shut Up and Write. The idea is to eliminate distractions to get right down to the business of writing. There will be time at the end to discuss what you’ve been working on, and exchange tips with your fellow researchers! This event happens once a month. Look out for the posters or ask us for the next date. Tea and coffee provided.
- Well-being week. We will be organising some events for up coming Well-being week in March. Keep an eye out if you are a London-based researcher as there may be something coming your way…
- The Hive blog. Do you have anything you’d like to see on the blog? Or something you’d like to contribute? Want to suggest a good post you’ve read on another blog or page that others might find useful? Let us know! And look out for our forthcoming blog competitions! Speaking of which…
- ANNOUNCING: Our first competition for the blog. We will be asking for your photos that summarise your time as a PhD student thus far. It’s easy to enter (use our twitter handle @sussexreshive or email) and there are prizes to be won! We will be displaying your photographic talents in a gallery. More information will be coming soon, but start to get your creative juices flowing and look out for the prizes.
- The Hive scholars spend time in the Hive on a weekly basis. If you see us, say hello! We are always happy to hear from you, whether its a suggestion for the Hive, something about being a PhD at Sussex, or if you would just like a chat.
- And of course more socials and fun events.
We are looking forward to the upcoming year. Hope you are too.